In May of 2010 John found a pony for the girls. He is a little, white, Shetland pony. The girls wanted to name him Sunshine, so we shortened it to Sunny. I didn't know what I thought of getting the girls a pony, but it has actually turned out really good. He stays down in the Diamond Ranch pastures and eats the grass with the cows. We don't have to pay to stable or feed him because he is able to be down on the ranch. It has turned out to be a good bribery tool with the girls. If they don't clean their room, if they are fighting, or if there is something we want them to do then we threaten to get rid of the pony. They get things done so much faster when there is a little motivation!
During the spring, summer and fall we go down at least twice a week to ride the pony. Whitney is our Little Miss Independent and Miss "I do it myself!", so this last year she likes it when John lets her go around by herself. She shows that pony where she wants to go and makes sure he gets there. Summer loves Sunny too, but likes being led around with the lead rope.
When we first got him, John wanted to try him out and make sure he was broke. This is the video of that trial.
You can't tell by the look of that video, but he was broke (to kids, not 6 foot men!) Right after the video we carefully put Whitney and Summer on and he was fine. He has never acted up, and is a good little Sunny.
I am in the process of switching computers, and I can't find some of my pictures. These are not the pictures I wanted to post, but until I find the others, these will have to do.
LOL!!!!! This is still so hilarious!! ha ha I love it!
ReplyDelete