Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jackson Hole Pole, Pedal, Paddle

On March 31, 2012 John participated in the Pole, Pedal, Paddle in Jackson, Wyoming.  He has been thinking about it for a couple of years, and finally trained all winter and signed up to do it!  It was a fun get-away for he and I (we left the girls with Grandma Mare).  I should have taken a picture with the car that we packed to go up there.  Each event had its own equipment, so the car was pretty loaded down.
 The race consisted of downhill ski, x-country ski (10K), bike (20 miles), paddle on the Snake river (9 miles).  John did great and had fun. After the race he said that he didn't want to do it again as an individual, but maybe next year as a team; but when we heard the results and he was not too far from placing, and there are a few areas that he could improve and really cut some time, he is considering it as an individual for next year to place!
Pictures are a lot better than my long boring story so here we go!

John's kayak is the little bright green speck


John before it all started!!


Finished with the downhill, changing shoes to run over to the x-country transition area



X-country ski transition area


Starting the x-country ski

Finishing the x-country portion





I think this would have been John's favorite part if there had been more whitewater, it was mostly flatwater


Going under the bridge at Astoria Resort.  The bridge I am on is the finish line



FINISHED!!!


See you next year!!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this on your blog Kathy and John. Way to go John. It looks like you had fun and did well too. We're proud of you! Now on to next year.

    ReplyDelete