Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cache Valley Super Sprint Triathlon!

I did it! I did my first triathlon with John on July 18, 2009 in Logan. My cousins Darby and Erin introduced me to this race, they did it last year as well and helped persuade me to do it. I have been thinking of doing one for a while, and we just decided to do one. John and I signed up two weeks before and started training. I bought a pass to the Clearfield Aquatic Center so I could swim and little, and we started biking everywhere and running. Now this is only a sprint distance, so don't get it confused with the ironman. (John and I decided after finishing the tri that anyone who does the ironman distance is certified insane!) We swam 500 meters, biked 12.5 miles and ran 3.1 miles. I knew the swimming would be my weakest and running my strongest, so I thought I would just have to make it to the running and then I would be OK. But after swimming and biking, running was harder than I expected. I need a tri with the running first. I did better than I thought I would do. I had fun and I look forward to doing another one.






Me before the race, We'll see about the smile after the race




John and I after the race - still smiling! Trying to look like athletes with our numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment